The fast-paced growth of innovation in information and communications technology (ICT) could render the printed textbooks used in Philippine schools obsolete, according to Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary Leonor Briones. With ICT innovation, Briones said there is now need to integrate technology into both teaching and governance. Through ICT, she added, teachers may develop new teaching methods that will instill creativity and critical thinking in learners that are less dependent on schoolbooks. Briones also expressed hopes for the time to come when schoolchildren in the Philippines will no longer be burdened with carrying the books in their backpacks because of innovations in ICT.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information