The Iloilo City government has envisioned Iloilo to become a “smart city with global standards” by 2020. Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog said Iloilo City has experienced bullish growth for the past five years. There has also been an increase in business process outsourcing (BPO) companies locating in the city. The city government’s vision fits well with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority’s (PEZA) plan to make Iloilo City as the hub of the regional economic zone in the Western Visayas. PEZA has four regional economic zones, three in Luzon and one in Cebu. Mabilog said PEZA’s plan is very timely.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information