Senator Juan Edgard Angara has assured stakeholders that the discussions on incentives for the information and communications technology (ICT) industry under the Tax Reform Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) law will be objective. The discussions on the tax reform law package two are still in their early stages, Angara said, but ICT stakeholders need not worry. He said Congress acknowledges the ICT industry as a growth area, unlike other industries in which the Philippines is no longer competitive. Under the recently passed tax package, all incentives for industries registered under Peza economic zones, including BPOs, maintained their status quo.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information