The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) is further pushing for the development of impact sourcing in the country, especially in the countryside. CCAP believes that impact sourcing gives businessmen in the rural areas the opportunity to exercise their entrepreneurial prowess by establishing home-grown information technology-business process management (IT-BPM) firms right in their own backyard, while giving potential workers the ability to be employed without having to leave their families. CCAP chairman Benedict Hernandez disclosed that the IT-BPM industry was already practicing impact sourcing as early as 15 years ago but admitted that it is still a relatively young practice for IT-BPM firms.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information