Global IT services and outsourcing firm Infosys Ltd is reportedly considering stopping its annual forecasts, a practice it has been doing since June 2001, due to the protectionist stance of US President Donald Trump. The company’s board is reportedly debating if Infosys can still predict its own business amid uncertain client spending. No decision, however, has been reached for now. One of the company’s executives said it will be misleading to give a guidance given the complete unpredictability of the market. Infosys, which ended with USD9.5bn in revenue last year, used to give both a quarterly and yearly guidance until April 2012. Last month, Infosys scaled back its growth forecast for the third straight time, expecting now at-best dollar revenue growth of 7.6% in the current year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information