IT giant Infosys said it had named Salil S. Parekh, an executive at consultancy firm Capgemini, as its next CEO and MD. Parekh has been appointed for a five-year term effective 02 January 2018, according to an Infosys filing to exchanges. Infosys interim CEO Pravin Rao will be re-designated as the COO of the company from 2 January 2017, the statement added. Parekh has nearly three decades of global experience in the IT services industry and has a strong track record of executing business turnarounds and managing very successful acquisitions. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, who heads Infosys’ nomination and remuneration committee, said Parekh was the top choice from a pool of highly qualified candidates.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information