India’s third-largest information technology services exporter, Wipro, has said it will vigorously contest a USD140m lawsuit filed by one its long-time customers, National Grid US, with regard to an ERP implementation project that began in 2009. The lawsuit filed in the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York seeks damages amounting to USD140m plus additional costs related to the project, according to a filing by Wipro with the stock exchanges. The ERP project was undertaken by National Grid US and there were multiple vendors associated with it. Wipro joined the project in 2010 and the post-go-live process was completed in 2014. Wipro believes that the allegations misstate facts and the claims are baseless.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information