Infosys, a global tech outsourcing giant, announced plans to hire 10,000 new employees in the US over the next two years. The company is reportedly planning to open four US-based hubs, starting in Indianapolis in August. The company expects that the Indiana site will create 500 jobs by next year and possibly up to 2,000 by 2021. Vishal Sikka, the Infosys chief executive, disclosed during a recent news conference at the Indiana state capitol that the company desires to train and hire graduates from local universities and community colleges. The Indian multinational corporation was among the outsourcing companies that were under fire from Pres. Donald Trump for “stealing” American jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information