In a span of two months, Infosys, India’s second largest software exporter won a US$700 million deal from US telecom company Verizon, and another US$300 million deal from Microsoft’s Germany IT service provider Arvato. Infosys CEO Salil Parekh said the Verizon deal, which was clinched last week during the company’s annual customer meeting in the US, is one of the largest IT outsourcing contracts signed by the firm in recent times. The deal involves application development and management services, and business process management services. The Arvato deal involves order management, service desk and contact center support for four lines of Microsoft business—Microsoft Dynamics, commercial operations, enterprise services, and original equipment manufacturers operations, which account for over 90% of Microsoft’s global revenues. Microsoft already has an existing contract of US$240 million in application development and infrastructure management services with Infosys.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information