Cebu City’s incoming business and economic adviser Jose Mari Yu has been tasked to grow the city’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector to maximize jobs generation. Yu told reporters that he was asked by incoming Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña to come back and help the city, and that the incoming mayor’s priority is to grow the IT-BPO sector. Yu headed the now-defunct Cebu Investment Promotions Center for nearly 20 years during the term of Osmeña as Cebu City mayor. Yu was instrumental in developing the city’s IT-BPO sector as well as in crafting and implementing the marketing and investment promotion plan for the South Road Properties (SRP) development. Yu said he wants to bring the number of people employed in the BPO sector close to 200,000 in three years from its current 130,000 people.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information