Provincial locations will continue to face the challenge of sourcing enough qualified talent for the BPO sector for the next six years, according to Leechiu Property Consultants (LPC). This will result in oversupply of office space in the provinces, said LPC CEO David Leechiu. A total of 1.43 million square meters of new office space will be created in the provinces between 2016 and 2022, which could result to oversupply based on the projected employment demand from BPO firms. The provincial BPO industry reported a total of 361,573 full-time employees as of Q4 of 2016. The figure is forecast to rise to 496,320 full-time employees by 2022. But LPC said that would mean an office space demand of just 730,100 square meters, resulting to an oversupply of about 700,000 square meters.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information