The implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the law creating the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) is expected to be released within this month, according to DICT Secretary Rodolfo Salalima. The law, signed by former President Benigno Aquino III in May this year, took effect on 8 June. The IRR was supposed to be released on 8 August but Salalima said they cannot meet the deadline. The DICT is mandated to serve as the primary policy planning, coordinating, implementing, and administrative entity to promote the national ICT development agenda. The IRR, according to Salalima, will include plans of providing services to those in the countryside.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information