Information technology-business process management (IT-BPM) industries and the food manufacturing sector were cited as the most attractive areas for trade and investments, according to the Israel Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines (ICCP). As far as IT-BPM is concerned, ICCP president Itamar Gero disclosed that Manila has become an outsourcing destination for various IT services such as English technical support, back office services, transcription, animation, web design, software development, and engineering. He cited that an increasing number of international companies are choosing the Philippines as a base for such services due to the availability of quality personnel, culture, service attitude, and language skills of which about 96 percent speak English.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information