Gus Cosio, president of First Metro Asset Management, said the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines could experience a slowdown in terms of expansion following the rhetoric of President Rodrigo Duterte against the United States. Despite assurances from government officials, Cosio said there will probably be a slowdown in the growth of the sector. However, he said established BPO companies will unlikely pull out investments from the Philippines. Cosio added new investors might take a wait-and-see approach or might have already canceled what they want to do, but the existing ones will continue to be here for a few more years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information