Central Visayas will continue to be one of the fastest growing regions in the country, thanks to visitor arrivals and the growing IT-BPM sector. This was the pronouncement of National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) 7 regional director Efren Carreon, who added that four other economic indicators will join tourism and IT-BPM sectors as economic drivers of the region. Carreon said the IT-BPM industry in Central Visayas is employing a little over 100,000 workers, which translates to more than P2bn a month. In terms of investments in BPOs inside special economic zones, Carreon said there was a recorded 19% increase. Aside from tourism and IT-BPM sector, another six indicators that show positive performance include retail trade, investments, employment figures, and prices of basic goods.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information