Leading information technology (IT) and BPO firms in India are now implementing the new maternity law that provides 26 weeks of paid maternity leave for women employees. Tech Mahindra for its part said it would revise its existing policy on maternity leave although it still needs specific planning since it already has an existing extended maternity policy. Wipro has revised its policy late last month. Mindtree, which introduced six months’ paid maternity leave in September, also offers “Mi Lady,” an application that engages women on maternity leave to upgrade their skills before they rejoin the workforce again.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information