This year, the global spending related to information technology will hit US$3.76 trillion, representing a jump of 3.2% from last year, the latest forecast by analyst firm Gartner predicts. According to John-David Lovelock, research vice president at Gartner, despite the uncertainty due to recession rumors, Brexit, and US-China trade wars and tariffs, the likely scenario for IT spending in 2019 is still growth. However, it will not be evenly distributed across the sector, the report warns. Spending is moving from saturated segments like mobile phones, PCs and on-premises data center infrastructure, to cloud services and Internet of Things (IoT) devices, said Lovelock. He specifically points out that IoT devices are starting to pick up the spend from that on mobile devices.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information