The business process outsourcing sector in the Philippines posted weaker growth in December, compared to general job growth in the country, said Monster.com, in a statement released on 29 January. Monster reported that online hiring growth in the Philippines experienced a robust growth rate of 17% year-on-year between December 2017 and 2018, although this was a lower than November’s figure of 23%. In comparison, the data showed that the BPO/ITES sector saw a growth rate of only 10% in vacancies during the month. Below average growth was also noted in other sectors like production/manufacturing, automotive and ancillary, which rose 11%; and engineering, construction and real estate at 7%. The only sector that posted a decline during the month at minus 8% was education. Monster’s chief executive for Asia-Pacific and Middle East, Abhijeet Mukherjee, stressed that online hiring is still forecast to rise this year, amid expectations of improved economic growth in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information