Jamaica seeks to further boost its standing as a global BPO investments destination, challenging global leaders India, China, the Philippines, Mexico, and Costa Rica. To achieve the country’s goal, Jamaica’s Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (JAMPRO) has expanded its international network by contracting management-consulting firm Avasant to market Jamaica as a destination for BPO investments internationally. JAMPRO engage the company to ensure that the country will increase its reach to decision makers in the global outsourcing arena. The Agency has set a target to double the BPO industry’s jobs by 2020. Currently, the industry stands at 22,000 full time employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information