Kabankalan, a first class city in the province of Negros Occidental, is eager to entice business process outsourcing (BPO) companies. According to its mayor, Isidro P. Zayco, the city is waiting for the installation of fiber optics to further attract BPO companies to locate and operate in Kabankalan. Zayco made the pronouncement after learning that the Negros Island Region (NIR) will be abolished. Zayco said he is not worried at all about the abolition because the city continues to attract investments that spur economic development. He said with or without NIR, investments will continue to come in. The mayor added that several investors have expressed interest in opening their business in the city.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information