Labor group Nagkaisa has urged President Rodrigo Duterte to certify as urgent the anti-contractualisation bill, or the Security of Tenure Act. House Bill 44, which prohibits and criminalises contractualization and all forms of fixed-term contracts. The group said Duterte should prioritize the bill instead of abolishing contractualisation. The bill also seeks to secure regular jobs by amending the provisions of the Labor Code of the Philippines, which legalizes subcontracting or the practice of outsourcing labor through 3rd party agencies. The group urged Duterte to junk the Department of Labor and Employment order that aims to end the illegal practice of labor-only contracting.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information