Legazpi City in the province of Albay is implementing a project that seeks to provide support in preparing local workers for employment in priority sectors such as information technology-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO). Recently, the city received a Php10-million grant from the Department of Interior and Local Government through the Training for Better Access to Job Opportunities program. The program assists local government units in implementing projects that will equip local workers with the necessary skills to prepare them for jobs in IT-BPO, tourism, and agri-business. Major BPO players in Legazpi City are Sutherland Global Services, Nolin BPO Services, One Half Phil, All Nation e-Language Conversion, Equinox Virtual Solutions, and Times Telecom Phil.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information