Cebu’s business process outsourcing (BPO) and other sectors such as tourism and retail see 2015 as a banner year, according to the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) in Central Visayas. With a bustling outsourcing industry and a vibrant tourism sector, Central Visayas, which considers Cebu as the capital, is expected to surpass the 8.8% economic growth posted in 2014, said NEDA Central Visayas Director Efren Carreon. The NEDA chief added that 2015 is a good year for Cebu, better than it was in 2014. He was also hopeful that Cebu will achieve a 9% growth this year. Considered as the Number 2 outsourcing destination in the Philippines, Cebu now enjoys a vibrant BPO industry that has become the driver of the local economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information