A new report released by Grand View Research shows that the global life sciences business process outsourcing (BPO) market is on its way to hit USD420bn by 2024. In the Asia Pacific region, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% over the forecast period. The increase in the number of US FDA manufacturing sites in this region, especially China and India, the growing healthcare burden, patent expiration of several key drugs are expected to significantly boost the life sciences outsourcing market in this region, the report added. Globally, the growth of the market is attributed to the growing demand for contract manufacturing of raw materials, finished dosage forms, medical devices, drug discovery services, regulatory services, pre-clinical and clinical trial services, and pharmacovigilance services. Among the key market players mentioned in the report are Infosys, Lonza Group, PAREXEL International Corporation, Covance, IBM. Genpact Limited, Catalent, ICON, Boehringer Ingelheim, Accenture, Quintiles Transnational Corporation, and Anthelio Healthcare Solutions.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information