German airline giant Lufthansa has opened an outsourcing unit in Muntinlupa, Alabang to provide services in the areas of financial and revenue accounting, human resources and procurement, and customer service for Lufthansa passengers. The new outsourcing unit, called Lufthansa Services Philippines, is expected to create about 440 jobs by mid-2018, the company said. Kay Kratky, a member of the Lufthansa German Airlines Board and CEO of Austrian Airlines, cited Manila’s excellent academic educational system, communication infrastructure and extensive business know-how in the service industry as among the factors that make the Philippine capital an attractive business location. Lufthansa Services Philippines is a venture between Lufthansa Global Business Services and Lufthansa InTouch. The Alabang facility could easily handle up to 800 employees should Lufthansa decide to expand in the future.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information