Malaysia and Vietnam are among a new group of countries that are developing their own BPO industries, and could impact on the Philippines’ global market share. Sudhir Agarwal, chief executive officer of Everise, the parent company of US-based CustomerContactChannels, said that there is a need for the Philippines to provide more higher-value and complex services to stay ahead of the game. To do this, the local BPO sector will need to tap new technologies, AI, automation and other innovations – to concentrate its capabilities on higher-value jobs that involve customer engagement.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information