Megaworld allots PHP300bn to buy more land for BPO offices

Megaworld allots PHP300bn to buy more land for BPO offices

Megaworld allots PHP300bn to buy more land for BPO offices

Property developer Megaworld has reserved PHP300 billion in capital spending for 2020 to 2024 to purchase more land to cater to the rising office space demand from the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector outside Metro Manila. Kevin Andrew L. Tan, Megaworld senior vice president for commercial division, said the company will add 2,000 hectares of land by next year to drive its expansion, amid the continued growth of the BPO industry.

Tan said Megaworld also plans to begin selling office space to BPO firms outside the capital, instead of only renting space to them. This is a format that the company will expand due to higher margins and strong demand.

The company said it will spend 65% – PHP196 billion – of its capex allocated for residential and investment projects that include offices, malls and hotels. The remaining 35% will be used for land acquisition and land banking.

Read more here.

Related outsourcing resources

  • Top 40 BPO companies in the Philippines
    UPDATED: Welcome to the Top 40 BPO Outsourcing Companies In The Philippines.  The BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) industry plays a vital role in the emerging economy of the Philippines, and contributes over 11% to the GDP.  It is the single largest sector, employs over 1.2 million people, spre...  Read more
  • The strong future of outsourcing: White Paper
    A white paper, by Outsource Accelerator, exploring the trends, challenges, and initiatives in the outsourcing sector, and the unrecognized potential of the SME Sector as the potent success factor. Part I. Overview Introduction to outsourcing:  a recent search for efficiency The 1997 Asian financi...  Read more
  • Ultimate guide to outsourcing
    It takes courage and conviction to take your business down the outsourcing road. Outsourcing may include risks; which is why this guide was written to teach you on how to do it as safe as possible and also to maximize returns sooner. These days could be some of the most exciting times in your li...  Read more
  • Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) definition
    What is business process outsourcing? Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the engagement of services from a third-party provider. BPO uses various technology-enabled services to hasten the delivery of services. The business activities could be back-office such as, but not limited to, payroll, a...  Read more
  • How outsourcing can cut labor costs by up to 70%
    Outsourcing some of your business’s processes is a smart choice regardless if your company is a small startup that’s well on its track to become a multinational enterprise, or if you’re already there and you’re looking to expand your operations. By contracting work to other companies, your busi...  Read more
  • Mads Singers - Get the most out of your outsourced team
    Mads Singers Mads Singers is a management consultant, trainer and also outsources as well. He has an outsourcing operation down in Davao, Philippines. I had a really good conversation with Mads about how to motivate and run remote teams, and more importantly, how to get the best out of your outs...  Read more
Shares