Telstra Corporation Ltd, Australia’s largest telecommunications and media company, has announced plans to outsource some work to IBM. According to reports, Telstra is keen on outsourcing work performed in Telstra Service Operations (TSO) and Information Technology Services (ITS) divisions. The outsourcing will affect 46 cloud roles in Sydney and Melbourne across infrastructure deployment, core engineering and end-user services. Telstra said the outsourcing to IBM will help strengthen its cloud and data analytics divisions. Telstra also informed the Communications Workers Union that new ways of working are needed that cannot be delivered by current systems and staff. Telstra was earlier reported to cut more than 300 customer service jobs, mostly at its Perth and Melbourne centres, as part of its outsourcing strategy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information