In its first full year of operations, services from Mislatel will be available to residents in Metro Manila. The Mislatel Consortium was recently announced as the Philippines third telecommunications operator. The National Telecommunications Commission this week published documents, including ‘Form A’. Form A outlined the nationwide coverage plan. Mislatel will provide full coverage to the 12.8 million residents of Metro Manila, as stated in Mislatel’s bid documents. The first year coverage includes Region IV-A (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon), Central Luzon, Cagayan Valley and the Ilocos Region. In the second year, coverage will cover other provinces and regions such as Bicol, Cebu, Davao and Samar. The autonomous region of Muslim Mindanao, including Lanao del Sur and Marawi City, as well as Palawan and Zamboanga will also see coverage beginning in the third year of their operations. However, Batanes will be excluded in the first five years. Mislatel has promised Internet speeds of 27 Mbps.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information