Telus International president Jeff Puritt announced plans to expand its operations in Romania, citing the multi-lingual skill sets of the Romanian workforce. Puritt said team members in Romania speak four languages fluently while in the Philippines, they only speak two languages. Having those multi-lingual skill sets uniquely positions Romania as a destination of choice for service delivery and customer care and technology support, Puritt stressed. Telus International currently employs about 22,000 people in the US, the Philippines, Europe, Canada and Central America. He added that Romania’s multi-lingual skill is a significant differentiator and a competitive advantage for the long term.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information