American stock exchange operator Nasdaq has expanded its work force in the Philippines to support its growing global corporate solutions business. The company is adding 160 seats to its office in Manila in the next 12 to 18 months, making it among Nasdaq’s biggest hubs in more than 30 locations. Nasdaq Site General Manager Emmanuel Sarte said the site could accommodate more than 300 seats before the end of the year and fill up all the seats by next year. Unlike most BPO firms in the Philippines, Nasdaq’s workforce is comprised mostly of financial analysts, web developers and specialists, and multimedia product managers engaged in higher-value technical services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information