Around 80% of the new office supply in Cebu’s market is taken by business process outsourcing (BPO) companies, said Julius Guevara, director and head of research of Colliers International Philippines. During the real estate forum in Cebu organized by Colliers, Guevara said the BPO industry continues to define the market. He added that Cebu is a preferred outsourcing destination not only because of the presence of infrastructure, but also because of the level of education and urbanization here. Metro Cebu, he added capture about 7% of the BPO market, with the industry employing around 100,000 workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information