There will be about 60,000 information technology (IT) jobs in Negros Occidental by 2022, based on the target of the Provincial Government. The province currently has 30,000 IT jobs and the government seeks to double that number in the next six years. Capitol IT consultant Jocelle Batapa-Sigue said more than 60% of these new jobs will come from the non-voice sector, especially software development and animation. With the target, Batapa-Sigue said young people in Negros Occidental should be encouraged to take up courses that will land them IT-enabled jobs, such as games, animation, application development and software development. Batapa-Sigue said the IT landscape in Bacolod City and in Negros Occidental is becoming more diversified because of the support of the Provincial Government.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information