As concerns on the outsourcing industry’s future under the Trump presidency continue, the Iloilo Federation of Information and Technology (IFIT) sees an opportunity in China and Russia. IFIT said the country’s renewed ties with China and Russia opens up new markets for the outsourcing industry. China is a huge market, but IFIT Executive Director Joeven Tansi said the challenge would be how to communicate with the Chinese. Tansi said schools should integrate foreign languages such as Chinese and Russian into their curricula. There are currently 47 BPO companies operating in Iloilo City, with about 21,000 employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information