Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said the government will no longer impose a deadline on the entry of the third telecommunications player in the country. Instead, President Rodrigo Duterte wants the new telco player to be operational as soon as possible, Roque told reporters. Duterte earlier set a March deadline for the approval of a third telco player, with the aim of improving the internet and broadband services in the country. The deadline, however, has not been met. The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) earlier said the selection of a third telco carrier may have to wait until the end of June or early July.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information