Online hiring activity in the Philippines continued to decline in February, except for the demand for customer service professionals, according to the latest Monster Employment Index (MEI). The report said that job posting activity in the Philippines dropped 40% in February from a year earlier, with almost all of the industries posting an online hiring decline. However, bucking the trend, online hiring for customer service employees increased 9% during the period, making it the only group that posted positive year-on-year growth. Monster.com managing director Sanjay Modi said demand for customer service employees is expected to continue to grow as more foreign business process outsourcing companies set up their companies in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information