Singapore’s telecom/internet service provider (telecom/ISP), information technology, and business process outsourcing/information technology enable services (BPO/ITES) industries have seen a 39% increase in online hiring in April, according to a report from Monster Employment Index (MEI). The report said the rise in telecom and BPO hiring increased the country’s overall online recruitment activity, which posted 13% year-on-year growth during the month. The MEI noted that while the pace of growth eased marginally by 1% compared to March, the sector saw growing demand in the short term, posting 18% and 27% growth over three and six months, respectively. However, Singapore was overtaken by Malaysia, which posted 43% growth in online recruitment in the industry, which has seen double-digit yearly growth since July 2018. The MEI tracks the industries and occupations that display the highest and lowest growth in local recruitment activity.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information