The Board of Investments (BOI) of the Philippines has approved the P20m business process outsourcing (BPO) investment of Millenia Data Systems Inc. The company is involved in the health information management (HIM) business, providing medical coding to individual healthcare facilities and rehabilitation centers in the US. Millenia started with 23 employees when it started in March 2017. It is projected to employ up to 88 workers by 2022. In a statement, the BOI stated the Philippines is in a position to take advantage of the outsourcing boom in the HIM sector. Revenues for the HIM sector in the country were estimated at USD2.4bn, with 118,000 personnel in 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information