With the deployment of internet connection infrastructure in the city completed, Ormoc City Mayor Richard Gomez expressed confidence that more investors, especially those in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, will set up in the city. Gomez said Ormoc City is very business-friendly and the deployment of good internet infrastructure is expected to boost its investment climate. With a population of about 200,000, Ormoc is also home to universities and colleges such as the Eastern Visayas State University, Western Leyte College and STI College Ormoc, among others. Gomez recently met PLDT and Smart Communications executives to express the City’s serious commitment to attract investments from the BPO and tourism sectors to improve its employment generation capability. Ormoc is strategically located within a few hours by fast craft from Cebu City, the BPO hub for the Visayas area. PLDT-Smart Senior Vice President Mario Tamayo said PLDT is increasing its capacity to address the requirements of incoming BPOs to Ormoc City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information