A survey conducted by corporate relocation services provider Cartus showed that outsourcing was the number one change that Asia Pacific respondents have made in order to achieve cost savings in their global mobility programs. The latest “Trends in Global Relocation: Global Mobility and Practices Survey” conducted by Cartus noted that outsourcing is the number one relocation cost-saving initiative being made by organizations in Asia Pacific, taking up 50% of the answers. Other areas of mobility practice included reducing the number of assignments, administrative process improvement, better and more proactive assessment of local talent, and tiering programs based on purpose or objective of assignment. The survey received responses from 176 international mobility managers, representing nearly 10 million employees. It was sponsored by the US National Foreign Trade Council.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information