Real-time, secure healthcare communication specialist PerfectServe is moving jobs from the United States to the Philippines, according to its Founder, President, and CEO Terry Edwards. The move involves 33 local jobs from Knoxville, mostly in real-time transcription of voice-to-text messages. Edwards said the jobs were considered for outsourcing several years ago, but it was not feasible that time. The switch from local transcribers to ones in the Philippines happened over the July 22-23 weekend. The company will still have 210 to 220 employees after the local cuts, and about 170 of those will still be in Knoxville, he said. The company now serves about 165 hospitals and clinics, 22,000 medical practices and post-acute care organizations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information