The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) director general Charito Plaza announced that the agency has firmed up its position not to allow online gaming firms to operate anywhere within its accredited sites across the country to protect legitimate business process outsourcing (BPO) players. Plaza underscored that gambling is not a mandate of PEZA. She said she would ask owners of all PEZA-accredited buildings not to allow online gaming firms, particularly those disguising as BPO companies, to operate within their premises. The PEZA official has already met with the BPO association and reached an agreement about the issue.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information