Jonathan de Luzuriaga, president of the Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA), said the country’s software sector is expected to generate about 207,000 direct employees by 2022. To achieve this growth for the industry, the PSIA said it will focus on strengthening the small-to-medium-sized software firms and make them integral to the sector’s growth. He also cited improvements in various areas that will help achieve the roadmap set for the industry. These areas include the training for current workers and a solid academic foundation for new graduates. In an interview with TechShake, de Luzuriaga said the Philippines needs to create its own IT as a nation and start realizing and supporting the startups that are slowly but surely getting some traction coming from the country. The sector has received nearly USD3bn since 2016, and the PSIA aims to have at least USD5.7bn by 2022.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information