The Philippine Exporters Confederation (Philexport) Cebu wants to see more successful local tech startups that can export IT and software solutions. Philexport Cebu executive director Fred Escalona said the group wants to see tech-based startups exporting their products and services to the global market. He conceded that this is difficult as most of the brightest talent in the IT field opt to work overseas rather than stay in the Philippines building products that have large scale potential. He also urged exporters to increase innovation to keep pace with the changing business environment. Central Visayas contributes some 10% of the country’s total exports. Services exports largely come from the business process outsourcing companies, he said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information