Some outsourcing countries around the world such as India are feeling pressure brought about by changing world events and the worries caused the after the state of Ohio in the US banned the offshoring of projects by government departments, according to Seeking Alpha. However, the Philippine outsourcing industry remains strong despite concerns over the impact of last year’s hostage taking. The Philippines is still among the top picks for global outsourcing companies, according to the report, and a number of global BPO companies in the country, including Convergys, Rainmaker Systems and Australia’s Salmat are planning to expand their workforce. China’s industry is expected to see the same fast curve the Indian industry had before and is in for incredible growth, albeit from a small base, according to KPMG partner Egidio Zarella quoted in the report.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information