For the Philippines to become a major blockchain hub in Asia, the country’s IT workers will need to improve their skill sets, according to the president of the Israel Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ICCP, David Elefant. He said the goal of transforming the Philippines into a major fintech center in the region, however, is achievable with the help of all participants. Elefant, who was speaking at the third general assembly of the Philippine Association of Digital Commerce and Decentralized Industry, added that the level of skills will need to be improved to meet the demands of the fast changing technology. He also stressed the need for improvement in the training programs available for software developers as traditional education is insufficient in meeting the needs of the sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information