India currently leads the global outsourcing destinations list but the Philippines can play catch up by developing more IT-BPO hubs, according to Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) Property Consultants. Two Philippines cities – Manila and Cebu – are currently in the top 10 list of global outsourcing destinations while several Indian cities make it to the top 10. JLL Property Consultants (India) chief operating officer and international director Rameh Nair said the Philippine government has the opportunity to transform more cities outside Metro Manila as IT-BPO hubs to further strengthen the country’s hold as an outsourcing investment destination. The Philippine should also give more incentives to first movers to further attract fresh investments in the BPO industry, Nair added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information