Philippine telecommunications and digital services giant PLDT Inc has sealed a USD28.5m agreement with China’s Huawei Technologies Co to overhaul the company’s wireless service delivery platforms. PLDT informed the stock exchange that its partnership with Huawei is part of its USD50bn capital expenditure programme for this year to improve its fixed and wireless infrastructure, and information technology systems. PLDT Chairman and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan said the partnership will enable PLDT’s wireless services to become much more agile, efficient and resilient in developing and delivering a growing array of digital services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information