Three major information and communications technology (ICT) projects initiated by the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) will be completed in Mindanao by September this year. The ICT projects located in Davao City form part of the company’s P48bn capital expenditure for this year. The projects include PLDT’s fourth cable landing station, an innovation laboratory, and its eighth data center. The new Davao data center will be designed to meet global data center standards and accommodate hosting, collocation and business continuity services for enterprises. Davao City has been identified as one of the next wave cities for the business process outsourcing industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information