Despite some experts saying that artificial intelligence and automation will in time reduce headcount in the IT-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) industry, the Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) has stressed that the availability of talent still remains the top concern of the BPO industry. CIB.O managing director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr said the anti-outsourcing pronouncements of US President Donald Trump and concerns over AI and automation may just be all noise, and the real challenge is the lack of available talent. Sa-a said that while a number of companies have chosen to relocate back to the US, many have also expanded, such aa Accenture and Sykes Philippines. In 2017, Dover, Fujitsu, and Mopro also opened in Cebu, quickly taking on any laid-off workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information